Our corporate practice represents clients in a wide range of financings and commercial transactions, and provides ongoing representation and counseling with respect to our clients' regular non-transactional business activities. Clients rely on our corporate attorneys' business judgment, legal advice, and analytical skills to identify legal and business issues and to solve problems that arise. We approach every matter as dealmakers and problem-solvers (not merely as scriveners or negotiators).
Our client base is varied in terms of size, nationality, and industry, ranging from multi-national publicly traded companies to local privately owned businesses. The corporate practice has represented many businesses from start-ups at early stages of their business lives through their initial and subsequent securities offerings and in their ongoing public reporting and compliance obligations.
Our merger and acquisition related services include legal due diligence, corporate and tax structuring, negotiation of acquisition agreements and related documents, as well as compliance with SEC and other regulatory requirements. Our clients are operate in diverse areas including investment and merchant banking, senior and mezzanine debt financing, private equity investing, computer distribution, chemical manufacturing, packaging, oil and
gas, computer hardware and software, security, outsourcing, telephone and communications, and construction.
We also counsel U.S. and overseas companies, and their board of directors, on corporate disclosure, governance and policy.
- Advised Allied Healthcare International Inc. on its £47 million ($73 million) acquisition of Southern Cross Healthcare Group, a leading Western European provider of healthcare services, and its £23.5 million ($38 million) acquisition of Midland Healthcare Limited, a U.K. based operator of nursing homes.
- Advised ADESA Corporation on its $148.5 million purchase of Sale Auction Finance Group,
Inc. and $110 million purchase of Canadian Auto Auction Group.
- Advised ELQ Investors Limited, a consortium of private equity investors, on its purchase and subsequent sale of SSC Sequoia Credit Consolidation Limited.
- Advised CintiTech AG on its £34.5 million purchase of Thermopol International Limited, a
global designer/producer of high-performance silicon rubber hoses (with operations in the UK, USA, Romania and Korea).
- Advised National Petrochemical Industrialization Company (Tasnee Petrochemicals)
in relation to a joint venture with Basell to establish a $500 million propylene-polypropylene
petrochemical plant in Saudi Arabia.
- Advised Dana Holding Corporation on the reorganisation of its European operations, involving companies across Belgium, Spain, U.K., Ireland, the Netherlands and Poland.
- Advised Danaher Corporation and its U.K. subsidiary, Launchcharge Limited, on its joint
venture with Danfoss A/S, a Denmark based manufacturer of sensor products for the industrial controls market.
- Advised Allied Healthcare International Inc. on its £47 million ($73 million) acquisition of
Southern Cross Healthcare Group, a leading Western European provider of healthcare services, and its £23.5 million ($38 million) acquisition of Midland Healthcare Limited, a U.K. based operator of nursing homes.
- Advised Allied Healthcare International Inc. on its acquisition of Midland Healthcare Limited,
a U.K. based builder and operator of nursing homes, for a consideration of £23.5 million ($38 million)
- Advised Praxair Inc. as U.S. counsel, on its acquisition of Refrigeration Oxygen Limited
Company WLL in Kuwait and its subsidiary Qatari Oxygen Company WLL in Qatar.
- Advised Bestway (Holdings) Limited, U.K.'s second largest grocery wholesaler, on its
acquisition of Batley Limited.