Our securities practice represents U.S. and overseas issuers, underwriters, selling and controlling shareholders and other market participants from all over the world. We can assist first time listings and initial public offerings, con-current U.S. and overseas listing, private placements and Rule 144A/Regulation S offerings, exempt offerings such as bank securities and commercial paper financing, equity and hybrid products, and high yield debt offerings and acquisition financing.
We provide advice on all phases of capital markets transactions, including:
- Corporate structuring, governance advice and tax planning in anticipation of transactions.
- Advice on offering procedures, including publicity and research.
- Prospectus/offering circular preparation.
- Regulatory and corporate law advice.
- Negotiation of underwriting or purchase agreements, trust indentures, fiscal agency agreements and other transaction documents.
Many of out attorneys have extensive experience in advising U.S. and overseas companies on various international securities offerings on the NYSE, HKSE (Hong Kong), ASX (Australia), Bombay Stock Exchange and National Stock Exchange in India, and on the Alternative Investment Market and Main Market of the London Stock Exchange.
- Advised Tamoor (Holdings) Limited, a Kuwaiti based property investment group, on its $350
million initial public offering in Kuwait and concurrent private placement under Rule 144A.
- Advised Caspian Holdings plc, an explorer/developer of oil and gas fields in Kazakhstan,
on a $136 million QIP equity capital raising.
- Advised Tri-State Generation and Transmission Association in $760 million 144A offering of
- Advised RBC Capital Markets and SG Cowen as co-managing underwriters of $47 million
initial public offering by Buffalo Wild Wings.
- Advised Dain Rauscher Wessels as managing underwriter of $221 million initial public
offering by IntraNet Solution.
- Advised RBC Capital Markets as lead underwriter of $66 million initial public offering by
- Advised Credit Lyonnais Securities Asia in the INR 6 billion QIP equity capital raising by
Educomp Solutions Limited.
- Advised DSP Merrill Lynch and the other underwriters on the Rs. 2,755 million ($70 million)
IPO of Kolte-Patil Developers Limited in India and in concurrent private placements outside India (including a Rule 144A offering in the U.S.).
- Advised ICICI Securities and SBI Capital Markets on the RS. 3,788 million ($86 million) IPO
of Tanla Solutions Limited in India and in concurrent private placements outside India (including a Rule 144A offering in the U.S.).
- Advised General Mills in $2.2 billion 144A offering of Zero Coupon Convertible Senior